There were a couple fixes and tweaks on this one. The only major thing was that I changed the tracking script to the new faster async way of doing things. With this I was able to add in support for subdomains and multiple top-level domains with the same ID.
Also, I found out there are a hand full of hosting companies that don’t know how to permission their tmp directories which have caused problems with the Google API giving the dashboard widget the stats. So if the plugin can’t find a suitable tmp directory to use it uses the wordpress upload directory.
Looks like WordPress is getting a little update happy again. Last time this happened they updated every 3 days for like 2 weeks… At least this time the updates are only 7 days apart. :/ Anyways, both my released plugins have no problem with the new update and are working just fine.
Now on to the good stuff! A nice fairy tale.
Once upon a time, in a land not very far away, Google had a PageRank API where you could query their system for a website’s Google PageRank. Well, for reasons I’m not going to go into details with, they removed that API. This left a lot of people sad and not knowing what to do.